- Actively managed long/short strategy in North American investment grade bonds.
- Highly liquid and diversified portfolio.
- Tactical access to opportunities in non-investment grade BB rated bonds.
- Specialist investment grade manager, with an experienced team of credit experts led by Paul Sandhu.
- Ability to hedge, including interest rate risk and credit risk using actively traded credit indices.
The Fund’s investment objective is to seek yield and capital appreciation by predominantly investing long and short in a broad range of public and private corporate debt securities.
NAV & Performance
Class F (CAD) NAVPU (Jan 31, 2023): 12.5930
Class F (USD) NAVPU (Jan 31, 2023): 10.3609
Fund Information Sheet – Series F
Actively managed by Marret Asset Management Inc., the CI Marret Alternative Absolute Return Bond Fund seeks to provide positive absolute returns with low volatility over a market cycle regardless of market conditions or general market direction, by primarily investing in debt instruments across the credit spectrum including cash, government debt, investment grade corporate debt, high yield debt, credit derivatives and other income-producing securities throughout the world.
For more information, please visit CI Marret Alternative Absolute Return Bond Fund.
Actively managed by Marret Asset Management, this ETF aims to provide exposure to a high quality, diversified mix of investment grade corporate bonds from issuers in Canada, the US and Europe. Marret strives to provide attractive monthly distributions, low volatility and negative correlation to other asset classes and has the ability to hedge interest rate risk, credit risk and broader systemic market risks. It is intended, that in all but exceptional market circumstances, foreign currency exposure will be hedged back to Canadian dollars. Up to 20% of foreign currency exposure can be unhedged.
For further information please visit CI Investment Grade Bond ETF.
Actively managed by Marret Asset Management Inc., the CI Enhanced Government Bond ETF (TSX: FGO) (the “Fund”) investment objective is to provide long-term total returns through interest income and capital appreciation. The ETF’s portfolio will consist primarily of government debt, but may also hold other debt instruments across the credit spectrum including cash, investment-grade corporate debt, high-yield corporate debt, government debt futures, convertible debentures and credit derivatives. Marret has full flexibility with regards to duration positioning and will seek to provide optimal exposure through changing market conditions. At no time will more than 25% of the Fund be comprised of high-yield corporate debt securities. It is intended that at all times at least 90% of the non-Canadian currency exposure attributable to the Common Units will be hedged to the Canadian dollar.
For further information, please visit CI Enhanced Government Bond ETF.
Marret provides portfolio management services as sub-advisor to the CI Investment Grade Bond Fund, while CI investments Inc., has assumed responsibility for the day-to-day management and administration of the Fund as its manager and trustee. The Fund’s investment objective is to provide a negative correlation to equity markets while also seeking yield and capital appreciation. The Fund predominantly invests in a broad range of investment grade corporate bonds and government securities.
For more information, please visit CI Investment Grade Bond Fund.
CI Alternative Diversified Opportunities Fund is a full-cycle mandate pursuing opportunities in debt and related markets where excess return potential has been identified.
- Portfolio of base structural yield with diversified secular, cyclical and tactical positions
- Tactical positioning intended to provide protection from market volatility
- Seeks equity-like returns with low correlation to equity drawdowns
- Flexibility and diversified opportunities to offset beta exposure
For more information, please visit CI Alternative Diversified Opportunities Fund.
Are you a Qualified Investor?
Who qualifies as an accredited investor?
- An individual who, alone or together with a spouse, owns financial assets worth more than $1,000,000 before taxes but net of related liabilities or An individual, who alone or together with a spouse, has net assets of at least $5,000,000
- An individual whose net income before taxes exceeded $200,000 in both of the last two years and who expects to maintain at least the same level of income this year or An individual whose net income before taxes, combined with that of a spouse, exceeded $300,000 in both of the last two years and who expects to maintain at least the same level of income this year
- An individual who currently is, or once was, a registered adviser or dealer, other than a limited market dealer
- Financial institutions
- Governments and governmental agencies
- Insurance companies
- Pension funds
- Registered charities
- Certain mutual funds, pooled funds and managed accounts
- Companies with net assets of at least $5,000,000
- Persons or companies recognized by the OSC as an accredited investor